Sealing and securing your artwork is the 3rd and final step to customizing a shoe. There are a ton of different sealants and finishings out there. Some people stick with brush on finishes, gloss coating it up, matte coating it, etc. Over the years i have found using krylon gloss finish to be the best/most durable. It is not just the product though, it is the application of the product. Here is was i do to seal each pair of shoes i create for OPC Kicks.
1. Make sure paint is completely dry
2. light wipe down with a towel to remove any loose dirt or dust
3.grab your spray sealant (I suggest Krylon gloss)
4.less and lighter reps (do not get too close and spray away, if you to put too thick of a coat on at once it will fog up and also make your artwork more vulnerable to cracking/chipping.
5. from 8-10 inches away give your artwork a nice light spray coat
6. let that coat dry and repeat 3-4 more times or until it looks sealed
7. if you want to have a matte or satin finish, krylon makes them too and you can follow the same steps. I go with the gloss because i really feel it makes the colors pop